1. What percent of the earth's surface is covered by water?
2. What is meant by tides?
3. What celestial bodies affect the tides and what percent of gravitational pull does each exhort?
4. Define the following words: a. Spring tide b. Neap tide c. Mean tide d. Rip tide e. Tidal pool f. Ebb tide g. Flow
5. What is the average time period between tides and what is meant by a tidal day?
6. Not all locations have a standard tidal day. Note some places that vary from the norm and tell what the contributing factors to the variation might be.
7. Where in the world are some of the highest tides found? How high are they?