1. Define the following terms: a. Robotics b. Automation
2. Briefly describe three examples on how the use of robotics and automation has made an impact on society.
3. Briefly describe the following tools: a. Robotic control systems b. Motion Control c. Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
4. Define computer vision. Give three practical examples of its use.
5. Describe and give an example of each of the following types of robotic motion: a. Rolling b. Swimming c. Walking d. Flying e. Climbing
6. Describe what is used as a power source for most robotic applications.
8. List four advantages and four disadvantages of automation. Briefly describe each.
9. Define and give two practical illustrations on the following types of automation: a. Home b. Auto Manufacturing c. Industrial d. Mining e. Retail
10. Become familiar with any FAA (or equivalent body) regulations governing the operation of robots (including drones) in your locality.
11. Discuss with a group the biblical context of the following texts as they relate to the field of automation and robotics: a. Genesis 1:27 b. Psalm 139:14 c. Proverbs 1:1-7 d. 1 Corinthians 2:16
12. List and discuss the relevance of Isaac Asimov’s three rules governing robots.
13. Research ideas on robotic construction projects. Based on your research, construct and successfully operate a robot from a kit.