- What is a mobile device? Provide four examples of a mobile device you may have seen or utilised.
- Draw a diagram showing how mobile technology uses cell sites (and why they use the word “cell”). Use this diagram to explain the factors that affect the following:
c. Location tracking
d. Call hand-off
- Discuss with a group some safety precautions that should be considered concerning the use of a mobile device.
- Create a list of different types of mobile devices.
a. Discuss with a group the advantages and disadvantages of each mobile device listed.
b. Discuss with a group how mobile devices can be used to spread the gospel of Jesus
- With a group, discuss ways in which mobile technology can be used to benefit society and industry such as:
b. Personal Recreation
c. Safety and Protection
e. Health Care
- Describe the following types of cell sites.
b. Off-grid System
c. Temporary Setup
- Illustrate through drawings, sketches, or photographs a cell tower. Be able to identify a cell tower in an open area.
- Create a speech, presentation, video, or game that illustrates what you have learned about mobile technology while earning this honor. Share your creation with a group.
- Discuss with a group some of the ways in which mobile technology can be integrated into ministry to share the gospel throughout the world.
- Discuss with a group how mobile technology can be used to enhance the following aspects of your spiritual life:
b. Inspirational songs
c. Prayer reminder
d. Join worship services
e. Share inspirational messages
- Discuss with a group how the following Bible passages apply to the use of mobile technology.
a. Matthew 24:14
b. 1 Corinthians 6:12
- Evaluate how being a Christian should affect your use of mobile technology. Be detailed and honest, taking into account what you have experienced in this honor. Share your evaluation in written form with a trusted friend or leader.
- Do the following individually or with a group:
a. Create a temporary contact list of your friends. Gain permission to send them a daily text message. At a selected time each day, share an inspirational text with those on the contact list for a minimum of one week. Respect any requests to be removed from the list.
b. Over a period of three worship services, evaluate when people use their devices during a worship service, and for what purposes.