- List the necessary tools a beginner needs in Leather Craft work, and demonstrate the proper use of each.
- Know how to distinguish different kinds of leather, such as calf, goat, and imitation leather. What leathers are most suitable for tooling?
- Give the steps necessary in the preparation of leather.
- Design and tool some object in leather, such as a billfold, magazine cover, or belt.
- Show how to use leather dye.
- What kind of finish should be used on leather?
Leathercraft Advanced Requirements
- Have the Leather Craft Honor.
- Demonstrate ability to punch holes, set snaps, do saddle stitching, and to do two types of lacing.
- Make a sheath for a hatchet, knife or ax.
- Complete a figure-carved belt, doing your own tooling.
- Design, cut out from leather, punch, and lace your own pattern for a case, purse, bag, etc.
- Exhibit six leather items you have made.