1. What does it mean to have a need?
2. What is promised to those who help those with a need?
3. Read and discuss Matthew 25:35-40.
4. What agencies are available to help someone with a need?
5. How does your local church help those with a need?
6. Discuss ways you can help those who have a need.
7. Participate in two activities to help someone in need, such as:
• A family in need in your community and help them
• Feed the homeless in your community
• Collect canned goods for a homeless shelter of food drive/bank
• Volunteer at a soup kitchen, homeless shelter, or city food pantry
• Participate in a clothing drive, hand out blankets and/or socks, etc.
• Or an idea of your own.
8. Discuss your experiences from the activities your chose.
1. Age appropriate discussion that might include food, shelter, clothing, water, transportation, blankets, etc.
2. For example: Prov 28:27, 1 John 3:17, Prov 19:17, 1 Samuel 2:8, Prov. 21:13, or Matthew 5:3.
3. Encourage discussion.
4. Adventist Community Service, Dorcus, ADRA, Red Cross, Salvation Army, Samaritan Purse, Local food banks.
5. Invite several church members to share with the club how and who they help.
6. Such as, collect cloths, food, help with finding shelter; participate in a fundraiser for a family or an agency.
7. Obtain proper authorization, permission, applicable permits and insurance to do the chosen activity.
8. Follow event with a lively discussion.
To provide spiritual growth as well as to increase community service awareness.
Wiki Teacher Helps: