1. What is a disciple?
2. Find in the Bible the names and occupation of the disciples and put each name and occupation on a separate card. (Matthew 10:2-4, Mark 3:14-19, Luke 6:13-16, John 1:41-48). Mix up the cards on the floor and see how many names you can match with an occupation.
3. Name two sets of disciples that were brothers. See Matt. 10:2.
4. Discover which disciple was called first to follow Jesus? Read to find what that disciple did when he discovered Jesus was the Messiah? John 1:35-42.
5. What did the disciples ask Jesus to teach them to do? See Luke 11:1.
6. Repeat the Lord’s Prayer.
7. Choose a disciple and learn three things about him.
8. Sing a son about the disciples and/or do a short skit.
9. Be a disciple for Jesus.
Ellen White’s books
1. One who is a student or follower and keeps the teacher’s rules and sayings.
2. Andrew, Simon (Peter), James, John, Philip, Nathaniel (Bartholomew), Matthew (Levi), Thomas, James, Simon, Judas, and Judas Iscariot. We do not know occupations of all the disciples. What do you think they did?
3. The brothers were Peter and Andrew; James and John the sons of Zebedee or the Sons of Thunder.
4. Andrew was called first to follow Jesus. He ran to get his brother so he could become a disciple of Jesus.
5. The disciples asked Jesus to teach them to pray.
6. Luke 11:2-4
7. See resources
8. “There Were 12 Disciples”” song in “Sing for Joy page 53.
“Peter James and John in a
Sailboat”, CD by Cedarmont Kids.
# 8 on Little David Presents Bible Songs CD by Christian Songs for Kids.
9. Perform an act of kindness, such as preparing packages for the homeless.