1. Be at least in the 10th grade.
2. Identify and list the nature of the crises and human needs in at least two of the following passages. a. John 8:1-11 b. Luke 15:11-32 c. Luke 8:40-56 d. Matthew 8:1-22
3. Describe for your instructor some of the human needs and crisis situations that teenagers in your community face today. Describe some of the crisis situations that families face. This may be done in a group discussion setting.
4. Discuss your own motives for wanting to help your friends when they face personal or family crisis. What about strangers? This may be done in a group discussion setting.
5. Describe at least three types of human needs and give a real-life example of each.
6. Explain the steps in a crisis intervention process and apply each step to a case study.
7. Demonstrate a grasp of basic listening skills by conducting an interview of at least 10 minutes duration. This interview must either be observed by an observer who can recognize listening skills, or taped for review by your instructor. The interview does not have to be with a person who is in crisis, but it must be a real conversation not pretend or role-playing.
8. Explain how to make a referral to a professional counselor or pastor.