1. Why is it important to find out what the local laws are before starting a camp fire? Where should you get that information?
2. Identify 3 reasons why a camp fire should never be left unattended.
3. List 10 rules for fire safety to consider when camping
4. Identify the temperatures the following foods should be kept at, and explain why this is important when camping:
a. Hot foods
b. Cold foods
5. List 5 things you can do to prevent animals from coming into your campsite.
6. What safety precautions should you consider when building a latrine?
7. Make a list of items that should be in a “First Aid Kit” and inspect your Pathfinder Club's camping first aid kit and make recommendations of any missing items as applicable.
8. List 5 things to consider when practising good hygiene at a campsite where there is no running water (ie showers, flush toilets, sinks, or faucets).
9. Demonstrate 3 ways you can purify water when camping.
10. Identify 2 types of fuel used for camp cooking and explain what precautions should be used when using each type of fuel. Discuss 5 guidelines for safely handling the following camping items:
- e. machetes
11. Assist your club or conference leadership in a campsite safety inspection using the current Adventist Risk Management Pathfinder Camp Safety Inspection Form or its equivalent. Be able to briefly explain the score/report given concerning the safety of the campsite.