Note about Teaching Resources
1.To help appreciate the character and majesty of the Christian God, briefly discuss what the Scriptures have to say about the following:
a. Satan’s pride, conflict in heaven, Satan thrown out of heaven.
b. Creation of the earth and its inhabitants
c. Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden and their expulsion
d. The shortcomings of the human race
e. God’s iron-clad promise to the human race
f. The birth of the Messiah, Jesus Christ
g. The ministry of Jesus Christ.
h. The death of Jesus Christ on the cross.
i. The resurrection of Jesus, His ascension to heaven and promise to return
j. The Holy Spirit is received and the gospel is preached worldwide.
k. Christ returns to claim His own; those who are alive, and those who are not.
l. Christ’s people in heaven and the new earth forever and ever.
2. Describe the modern meaning of the word ‘worship’ and words of the original Scriptures which have be translated as ‘worship’.
3. Choose at least six (6) scripture references which refer to the true worship of God. Briefly describe how each can be applied to your life.
4. Act out at least two of the following and discuss where each was not according to God’s will:
a. Cain’s sacrifice of the ‘fruit of the ground’ (Genesis 4:2-8)
b. Worship of the golden calf by the Israelites (Exodus 32)
c. Nadab and Abihu’s big mistake. (Leviticus 10:1-7)
d. The Pharisee’s and the tax collector’s prayers. (Luke 18:9-14)
5. Discuss how the instructions and illustrations provided in the Scriptures can be applied to Christian Worship today. Take into account the locality where you worship.
a. When and where to worship
b. How to worship
c. What topics to focus on
6. Leadership in worship: Outline considerations and potential pitfalls under the following headings:
a. Preparation and prayer
b. The worship topic and appropriate music
c. The worship ‘team’ (musicians, speaker/s, deacons, public address people etc)
d. The congregation (ages, language, personal issues, expectations, cultural background etc)
7. Do the following: Complete the Christian Worship Honours: Evaluation Form for at least two of the following:
a. Conduct a series of private (ie just you & God) Christian Worship services
b. Be part of the congregation of a Christian Worship service
c. Participate in a worship team
d. Lead out in a Christian Worship service for a group of at least 5 people.