Note: The adventurer must be accompanied by an instructor at all times.
- Earn the Swimming I award.
- Row for a distance of 50 meters; turn right and left, always maintaining the oars on the same side of the canoe.
- Jump from the canoe into water in such a way that the boat remains dry; return to the canoe, making sure water does not get in the canoe.
- Know what the prow is and what the stern of the canoe is and learn to maintain stability in a canoe that is being shaken by the water.
- Know how to prepare for canoeing:
- Know how to dress appropriately.
- Know what precautions to take in different climate circumstances.