1.Define the following terms as related to animals hiding in nature.
2.Explain the purpose of animal camouflage.
3.Describe and give an example of each of the following types of animal camouflage:
4.Do three of the following projects:
a.Create a game based on animal camouflage and play it with a group
b.Write and tell a children’s story with a Animal camouflage theme
c.Create a poster or display showing at least four different environments with animals that might be camouflaged in each
d.Create a display of pictures you have taken or drawn of 5 different animals in camouflage.
e.Spend a minimum of ½ hour observing an animal which uses camouflage (in its natural setting, if possible) and write a report on your observations
f.Create a children’s book with illustrations about animal camouflage.
g.Participate in a panel discussion about the use of animal camouflage giving specific examples and details and type of hiding it uses.
h.Create a scale model creative animal and habitat showing how it can hide in nature.
i. Make a scrapbook of the 5 animal camouflage types (see #3) and pictures of 5 animals in each of those types.
j.Using multi-media, create a presentation about animal camouflage.
k.Create your own project (submit it for approval from your Club Director before starting)
5.Discover how Satan uses disguise to deceive people and Jesus’ plan of redemption. Include the following passages in your discussion. Portray your findings in a skit, play or puppet show.
a.Genesis 3 (Temptation in the Garden)
b.Chapters 2 & 3 in Patriarchs and Prophets
- Give the general characteristics of antelopes.
- Give three size-groups of these animals, with two examples of each
- Be able to identify at least 15 different antelopes.
- What do they eat? How do they digest their food?
- Name three ways in which one benefits from having these animals in the country where one lives.
- What are "false hoofs"? Which members of this family do not have them?
- Which antelopes are classed as rare South African animals now? Where can they be seen, outside of the zoo and the museum?
- What natural enemies do the antelopes have? How do antelopes protect themselves and their young?
- Which is:
- The largest antelope?
- The swiftest runner?
- A good fighter?
- A good jumper?
- Chiefly nocturnal?
- Called "the African Chamois"?
- The national animal of the Union of South Africa?
- Say which antelope you like to watch most. Tell five of its habits.